1. Download the .APK file (signage-rel-version number.apk) to the USB flash drive (must be formatted to fat32).
This White Labeled APK can be downloaded from:
Look for the Android Icon as below:
2. Insert your USB flash drive to the USB port on the back of the Android screen (Viewsonic CDM5500T).
3. Once the screen is powered on, use the remote to tap MENU then press 1998 (1888 on Philips) on the number pad below. This will open up the admin menu.
5. Click on file manager.
6. Scroll down to "mnt" and click to open.
7. Scroll down to "usb_storage" and click to open.
8. Locate the .APK file(s) on your USB and open to install.
9. To set up a new app to open on the Custom input when powering on, return to the admin menu (click the return arrow on remote of the bottom of the screen). Click on Settings. Now click on Signage Display.
10. On the right side, the Signage Display menu will pop up. Click on custom app at the bottom and select the app that you want to open on the Custom input when powering on the device.
11. Now you can open the Novisign App, or turn off the screen and power it back on. The screen should automatically select the input called "custom input", and you will see the Novisign home page.
12. Sign into your Novisign account on the top right corner.
13. Click the box near the top "start player automatically on device startup". You will then have to enter the app's settings (the gear into on the top right corner of the main screen), then scroll down to the Play mode block of settings and find the setting called "Restart on Inactivity". Now change another one of the settings called "Restart inactivity interval". The default setting is set to 60 seconds, so change it to 0 seconds.
14. Restart the screen and the content will automatically play from Novisign on the custom input of your android screen.
In order to make sure the app auto starts in the Philips TV Q-Line, set the “Restart on Inactivity” setting (under the “Play Mode” block of settings) to “on” and set the “Start Inactivity Interval” (in the same block of settings) to 30 (seconds), instead of the default 60. If you’re using this procedure to configure a P-Line professional Philips TV, you can omit this step.
15. Change the setting called “Video to Video Transition” (under the “Display” block of settings) to “High Compatibility” to be suitable with the video handling of the Q-Line.
16. Right-click the mouse the exit the settings, then check the the “Start automatically…” checkbox and type the screen key of your screen (as it appears in your online Studio account) or login to your account (in the top right corner, you can log in to your Studio account, in order to be able to choose your screen, by clicking the magnifying glass icon, rather than just typing its screen key).
17. Press “Go” to run your playlist. If it looks ok (after one cycle), access the app’s settings and change the “Display Notifications” settings (under the “Display” block of settings) to “off”. Exit the settings by right-clicking and then turn off and on your Philips display, using the remote control.
When creating a schedule for the display to turn on and off on the Philips menu, remember to select the "Custom" input.